Easy & delicious cookie recipe. More on the healthy side, but not enough to scare off the husband or kids. Lol!
- ¼ c of butter – soft but NOT melted!
- ½ c of peanut butter – I use Jif Natual Creamy PB
- 1 large egg
- ½ c of white sugar
- ½ c of brown sugar – can use coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt – unless butter or PB is salted
- 2 c of oats – I use Quaker one minute oats. If using old fashioned rolled oats, the cookies won’t stick together well
- ½ c – ¾ c chocolate chips
- can add cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, or whatever add ins you like, this is just what I prefer 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beat the butter, peanut butter, and egg until smooth
- Add sugars, baking soda, and salt (if using) – mix until smooth
- Add oats, stir until fulled mixed
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Place on nonstick pan or parchment paper. My cookies do not expand much so I place them close together.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until at desired consistency – we like softer cookies